Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Explore the current literature on the origins of SUD!With a multidisciplinary perspective, this unique book presents new data and integrates the current empirical literature on the causes and origins of substance use disorder (SUD)--genetic, endocrine, neurological, behavioral, family, and environmental factors. Here youll find a new theoretical framework that has been shown to have heuristic utility within a developmental model of SUD. In addition, Etiology of Substance Use Disorder in Children and Adolescents: Emerging Findings from the Center for Education and Drug Abuse Research delivers research results that demonstrate how to identify youths who are at high risk for SUD so that prevention techniques tailored to their needs can be implemented.Etiology of Substance Use Disorder in Children and Adolescents explores topics such as:
- the validity of the Drug Use Screening Inventory for predicting SUD
- a new scale--the Dysregulation Inventory--to assess individuals risk for SUD
- diachronic assessment
- the relationship between the dopamine receptor D5 gene and substance dependence
- the relationship between childhood dysregulation and tobacco smoking during adolescence
- sexual maturation and sensation seeking in adolescent children of substance-abusing parentsThe mission of the Center for Education and Drug Abuse Research (CEDAR) is to delineate the etiology of substance use disorder. This book, examining several facets of CEDARs research program, keeps you on the leading edge of the field!